terms & Conditions
BRIGHTSHARE AFFILIATE PROGRAM AGREEMENT
Amended on March 5th 2015
Affiliate Program: The Affiliate Program operated by Brightshare.com.
Affiliate: A legal person or entity that has registered and is accepted by Brightshare.com as an Affiliate of the Affiliate Program subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
Applicable Taxes Shall mean any taxation, levy or similar mandatory payments (including gaming taxes and value added taxes) levied or charged on revenue, turnover, deposit or similarly driven by Customer activity or activity volume.
BrightShare Ltd: BrightShare Limited is registered in the British Virgin Islands. Registered company number 1450475.
Client: BrightShare gaming brands as published on Brightshare.com website for which BrightShare provides the Affiliate Program services.
Commission: an incentive based Commission Plan as defined in Section 5 herein below.
CPA Commission: is the one-time payment for a new qualifying player under the terms of a CPA Plan.
CPA: means Cost Per Activation as specified under the terms of a CPA Plan.
Definitions: In this Agreement the following words and expressions shall have the following meanings:
Fraud Costs: Any costs (financial or otherwise) that Brightshare.com or its Clients incur as a direct or indirect result of Fraudulent Activity by the Affiliate, your employees and/ or Players whom The Affiliate, as Affiliate, have introduced to any of the Clients of BrightShare.
Fraudulent Activity: A deception whereby a Client in the sole discretion of BrightShare and/or the Client, is deliberately, manipulated or has been abused by a Player, group of Players, or an Affiliate in order to secure a real or potential, unfair or unlawful gain, including the related costs of fraud. Fraudulent activity includes, but is not exclusive to, registering multiple accounts under multiple aliases, falsifying credit card information, and/or reversing credit card charges to the casino.
Fraudulent players: Players whose been identified as involved in Fraudulent Activity.
Incentivized traffic: Players who have received some form of compensation from an Affiliate or any other third party for taking an action in any of the BrightShare Client gaming brands, including but not limited to registering a new account, depositing or wagering.
Plan/s: the Affiliate Commissions according to the Plans as described in Section 5 herein below, including Revenue Share Earnings, CPA, Referral Earnings and/or any other Plan as shall be agreed between the parties in writing.
Player: A new person (1) that the Affiliate directs in any manner to a Client of BrightShare (2) opens a new account with such Client (3) has never been an active player in any Client of Brightshare.com or has had no account/s in any Clients of BrightShare during the last 12 month prior to the new registration date and (4) is qualified and authorized to access and use the Client’s product in accordance with the Client’s terms and conditions of use.
Progressive Jackpot Fees: The fee paid to the gaming network towards the progressive jackpots as a percentage of the real money bets on each progressive jackpot game.
Progressive Tickers: A dynamic tool which displays the live and constantly changing maximum cash prize on each jackpot game.
Referred Affiliate: A new Affiliate referred to us by another Affiliate.
Tracking URL’s: The links to BrightShare’s Clients websites that contain the Affiliate’s unique banner tag.
- Appointment of Affiliate
- Upon submission of the on-line Affiliate BrightShare Membership Form (the “Form”), BrightShare shall evaluate such Form and notify the Affiliate in writing of its decision to accept or reject the Form. Signing this Agreement, shall result in: (i) the granting of a non-exclusive, non-transferable limited right and license, for the duration of this Agreement, to use the Clients' Intellectual Property (i.e., copyright, trademarks, service marks, logos, and trade names) solely in connection with the Marketing Tools (as defined below) that the Affiliate may display on its site, and (ii) the right to refer prospective Players to the Clients in return for Commissions paid to the Affiliate, subject to the terms and conditions herein.
- The Affiliate hereby accepts the appointment as a BrightShare Affiliate under the terms and conditions of this Agreement. In accordance with such appointment, BrightShare grants to the Affiliate the non-exclusive right to direct prospective Players via links, banners or other form of Marketing Tools (as hereafter defined) to the Clients, subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement. This Agreement does not grant to the Affiliate an exclusive right to assist BrightShare in the provisions of its services, as BrightShare reserves the right to render such services on its own or through the assistance of other authorized third parties.
- BrightShare and Affiliate agree that the Affiliate may promote any or all of BrightShare’s Clients, which the Affiliate wishes to promote, or as otherwise agreed in writing between the Parties.
- The Affiliate acknowledges that it has independently evaluated the benefits of participating in the Affiliate Program and that the Affiliate is not relying on any representation, guarantee, or statement other than as set forth in this Agreement. As expressly set forth above, BrightShare reserves the right to withhold payment from the Affiliate if it violates any of the terms and conditions contained herein.
- Duties of the Affiliate
- The Affiliate is responsible for promoting the Clients on an active, continuous and on-going basis. Among the Affiliate’s duties and obligations, the Affiliate shall implement reviews, promotions, banners, tracking URLs (i.e. Client text links), Progressive Tickers, software, information, images, sounds, and other marketing materials provided by BrightShare as well as related emails and other relevant communications (collectively, the “Marketing Tools”). The Affiliate can present these materials on websites, in emails and in print but at its own responsibility and cost.
- BrightShare reserves the right to approve all content in respect of any one or more of the Clients which are promoted on the Affiliate's website and/or in any other communication channel used by the Affiliate. BrightShare reserves the right to terminate this Agreement should the Affiliate use unsuitable and unauthorized content as defined in Section 3 of this Agreement.
- The Affiliate is responsible for ensuring that all Marketing Tools and related information on its website or in any other communication channel used by the Affiliate are compliant, current, accurate and updated. Upon receipt of notice from BrightShare, the Affiliate has five (5) business days to implement all the related updates and corrections. BrightShare reserves the right to terminate this Agreement should the Affiliate: (i) fail to complete the updates in a timely manner, (ii) continuously utilize and promote outdated information and banners in a manner that is blatant, unreasonable and/or harmful to BrightShare and/or the Client, or (iii) defame, disparage or discredit BrightShare or any Client through false or misleading advertising, written or spoken words.
- Affiliate Guidelines
- The Affiliate will be solely responsible for the development, operation, and maintenance of the Affiliate’s website(s), including mobile sites, (“Affiliate Sites”) and/or any other communication channel and/or for all Marketing Materials used by the Affiliate. BrightShare has no obligation whatsoever to review the contents on the Affiliate Sites and disclaims all liability for these matters. Further, the Affiliate will indemnify and hold BrightShare harmless from all claims, damages, and expenses (including, without limitation, attorneys' fees) relating to the development, operation, maintenance, and content of the Affiliate Sites or in any other communication channel and/or for all Marketing Materials used by the Affiliate.
- All Marketing Tools must be properly tagged with the Affiliates and Client IDs (“Affiliate Tag”). The Affiliate will only be compensated for Players that are correctly tagged with the Affiliate Tag. It is the sole responsibility of the Affiliate to ensure the correct usage of the Affiliate Tag in all of the Marketing Tools, as provided by BrightShare. In the event that the Affiliate uses an incorrect Affiliate Tag and subsequently incorrectly received by the Client server, the Player may not be linked to the Affiliate.
- The Affiliate is prohibited from using Marketing Tools such as, but not limited to, banners, email templates, blurbs, links and advertisements, other than those specifically provided by BrightShare, unless express, prior written approval is obtained from the Affiliate Program.
- The Affiliate is responsible for ensuring that all the material posted by the Affiliate in any communication channel is compliant, legal and does not violate the rights of any third party. In addition, it is the responsibility of the Affiliate to ensure that the Affiliate Site or any other communication channel and/or all marketing materials used by the Affiliate does not contain any content or information that (i) is aimed at children or minors, (ii) promotes sexually explicit materials, (iii) promotes violence, (iv) promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, or age, or (v) promotes illegal activities.
- The Affiliate is prohibited from placing the Marketing Tools in unsolicited emails, unauthorized newsgroup postings or in chat rooms. Players, who are generated through either illegal or unauthorized means, as determined by BrightShare at its sole discretion, will not be calculated in the Affiliate's commission. The Affiliate’s breach of this Section 3.5 shall constitute grounds for BrightShare’s immediate termination of this Agreement without notice to the Affiliate.
- No Affiliate may participate in or be involved, either directly or indirectly, in the planning, generation, processing or dissemination of SPAM (unsolicited emails). Any form of SPAM will result in the commencement of a review and investigation of the Affiliate’s conduct within the Affiliate Program as well as the withholding of any commissions pending the outcome of the investigation. Should BrightShare or any Client incur damages, costs or expenses as a result of the Affiliate’s conduct, BrightShare shall have the right to offset such damages against commissions which are owed to the Affiliate. If such damages are not covered by the commissions, the Affiliate shall have the obligation to indemnify BrightShare and/or the Client, pursuant to the provisions set forth below in Section 9.
- Under no circumstances may Affiliate block, alter, direct or redirect, substitute, insert, or append itself to, or otherwise intercept or interfere in any manner with, any click through or other traffic-based transaction that originated from another affiliate with result of reducing any compensation or payment earned by or owing to such affiliate, or increasing any payment obligation of any Client with respect to any individual transaction. For purposes of clarification and not limitation, Affiliate may not use any form of “parasiteware” or parasitic marketing techniques, which refers to an application that (i) through accidental or direct intent causes the overwriting of affiliate and non-affiliate commission tracking cookies, (ii) intercepts searches to redirect traffic through an installed software, (iii) targets text on web sites, other than those web sites owned entirely by the software application owner for the purpose of contextual marketing, or (iv) removes, replaces or blocks the visibility of affiliate banners with any other banners, other than those that are on web sites owned entirely by the owner of the software application. Any use of parasiteware or parasitic marketing techniques shall result in the immediate termination of this Agreement and the forfeiture of any monies earned and outstanding.
- The marketing opportunity presented in this Affiliate Program is for commercial use only, and the Affiliate, its family members, friends or associates may not make purchases, directly or indirectly, through the Affiliate Tag for the Affiliates own personal use or to fraudulently increase the commissions payable to the Affiliate. Transactions made in violation of this provision will be deemed Fraudulent Activity and will be deducted from the Affiliate’s commissions, payments as set forth in Section 5 below. The Affiliate’s breach of this Section 3.8 shall constitute grounds for BrightShare’s immediate termination of this Agreement without notice to the Affiliate.
- The Affiliate shall not benefit from known, suspected or even unknown Player traffic that is generated dishonestly, whether or not it results in damage to the Clients and/or Brightshare. For purposes of clarification and not limitation, if a Player, directed to a Client with the Affiliate Tag, engages in Fraudulent Activity and/or abuse and/or money laundry, Brightshare reserves the right to withhold or retract the commissions paid to the Affiliate for such Player. Brightshare's decision in this regard will be final and binding.
- The Affiliate shall not represent itself to Players as the Client(s) and/or BrightShare and therefore, shall not benefit from Player traffic that is generated as a result of the Affiliate posing as the Client(s) and/or BrightShare. Furthermore, the Affiliate shall not copy or replicate content of the Clients, but rather the Affiliate should develop their own unique promotional content, subject to the terms and conditions herein, and use the Marketing Tools. Players which are generated from the Affiliate posing as a Client and/or BrightShare or from Client and/or BrightShare content that is copied, in whole or in part, and published on the Affiliate’s site, as determined by BrightShare in its sole discretion, will not be calculated in the Affiliate's commission. The Affiliate’s breach of this Section 3(i) shall constitute grounds for BrightShare’s immediate termination of this Agreement without notice to the Affiliate.
- The Affiliate shall not place, purchase or register pre-click bids, keywords, search terms or any other identifiers for use in any search engine, portal, sponsored advertising service or other search or referral service which are identical, are similar or otherwise resemble any of the Intellectual Property of BrightShare.com and/or its Clients. This includes, but not limited to, any words containing, or derived from, the names of the Sites or the brands of BrightShare’s Clients, and any typographical errors or phonetics of them.
- The Affiliation program does not accept any type of Incentivized Traffic.
- The Affiliate shall not be involved or intend to be involved in Fraud or illegal activity, including but not limited to money laundering, under any applicable law, rule or regulation.
- Under no circumstances shall an Affiliate use or attempt to use any domain names to promote the Clients which are or could be confusingly similar to the domain names registered by any Client. For purposes of clarification and not limitation, Affiliate may not use domain names which are identical or sound, appear or differ slightly from any of the Clients’ domain names. Affiliate’s breach of this Section 3.13, as determined by BrightShare, shall constitute grounds for BrightShare’s immediate termination of this Agreement without notice to the Affiliate and forfeiture of any commission owed, in addition to any other rights or remedies available to BrightShare under this Agreement or at law. In case where the Affiliate is found to be in breach of this section 3.13, the Affiliate is required hereby to irrevocably and immediately cede and assign ownership of the offending materials and/or URL's to BrightShare BrightShare’s designated assigns and undertake to cooperate in doing all things necessary to perfect such cession.
- The Affiliate understands that BrightShare may at any time (directly or indirectly) solicit Player referrals on terms that may differ from those contained in this Agreement or operate web sites that are similar to or compete with the Affiliate Sites.
- The Affiliate acknowledges that BrightShare shall have no obligation to mediate and/or resolve any dispute(s) by and between two or more affiliates.
- Duties of BrightShare
- BrightShare will maintain records of persons that registered as Players (as defined above), linked to the Affiliate Account. Unless expressly agreed otherwise in writing, the Player must be identified by the Affiliate Tag. The Player is bound by the Client's terms and conditions, policies and operating procedures. As such, BrightShare cannot be held responsible if a Client refuses a Player or if a Client closes a Player's account.
- BrightShare will track each Player's activity and will supply the Affiliate with reports summarizing this activity. The form, content and frequency of the reports may vary at BrightShare's sole discretion. BrightShare shall provide the Affiliate with online access to Player activity and statistical reports that will assist the Affiliate in effectively promoting the Clients. The Affiliate can gain access to such reports using the login and secret password provided upon the completion of the registration process. BrightShare may provide reports via e-mail detailing the information mentioned above. It is understood that access to the system is not a precondition for membership to the Affiliate Program.
- BrightShare will provide the Affiliate with such Marketing Materials as necessary to market and promote the Clients. BrightShare may provide the Affiliate with special promotional materials and resources (other than the standard Marketing Tools) that will aid the Affiliate in directing Player traffic to the Clients.
- BrightShare will facilitate payment of Commission from the Client to the Affiliate based on the applicable revenue model deal as set forth in section 5 herein below. BrightShare reserves the right to change payment terms at any time and for any reason. See paragraph 5 below in relation to Commission.
- Commissions & Payments
- BrightShare shall pay the Affiliate Commission/s according to the following Plans as indicated by the Affiliate selecting the applicable Plans on BrightShare site, or as was otherwise agreed in writing between the Parties:
- Revenue Share Earnings
- Affiliate’s monthly Commissions are calculated on the basis of Player’s Net Revenues, as defined in the Revenue Share Scales table below. “Player’s Net Revenue” is defined as the Player’s income (money wagered), minus (i) Player winnings, (ii) free credits, (iii) Player chargebacks (iv) progressive jackpot fees (v) bonuses (vi) Applicable Taxes (vii) and compensations or refunds given to Players and costs.
- For specific gaming products and/or markets the Player’s Net Revenue applied by BrightShare may include additional deductions, requirements and limitations and these Players shall be linked to a different Revenue Share Commission Plan. All other Terms and Conditions as defined in this Agreement shall apply. (see Program section in BrightShare site).
- Revenue share Scales as of November 20, 2014 Number of new Depositing Players per calendar month Revenue share percentage of player net revenue
|1 - 10
|11 - 40
|41 - 100
- The revenue share percentage payable to an active Affiliate for all its Players shall be defined on a monthly basis, as per the table above. This structure applies to new Affiliate agreements starting on or after November 20, 2014.
- In the calculation of Commission where the Net Revenue is negative due to Customer winnings and/or Non-Cash Items and/or Cash Items and/or Progressive Contributions said balance will be set to zero. A negative balance due to Fraud costs and Applicable Taxes will be carried over.
- For the purposes of this Revenue share Plan, an Affiliate shall be deemed by BrightShare as an Inactive Affiliate, if the Affiliate does not deliver any new depositing Players for a period of three (3) consecutive months in any of his Plans.
- BrightShare or its Clients may restrict specific markets for acquisition of new Players. Upon closure of a market to acquisition, BrightShare reserves the right to adjust the Affiliate’s Revenue share percentage to 15% for all the Affiliate’s existing Players from the closed market.
- High Roller Policy:
- In any given month, if an individual Player generates a negative Net Revenue of at least €10,000, then that Player shall be deemed by BrightShare to be as a High Roller (“High Roller”); And if the net Revenue in that month for that affiliate in that Plan is negative €2,000 or greater, then the High Roller policy, as defined in this section 5.7, will apply.
- If both of the above criteria are met (see clause 5.7.1) the Affiliate’s negative net Revenue of that month in this Plan will be carried forward and offset against future net win Revenue generated by the High Roller.
- If there is more than one high-roller, the negative balance carried forward will be split proportionally between them.
- The Affiliates negative balance carried forward due to the High Roller policy, shall not be set-off against other of the Affiliate’s Players’ Net Revenue in subsequent months and will be reduced by future positive Net Revenue that the High Roller generates until high roller’s negative balance carried forward becomes positive.
- CPA Earnings
- In this Plan, the Affiliate will be entitled to a one-off payment for every new depositing Player that the Affiliate directs to any of BrightShare Client’s Sites, regardless of the number of Clients and/or platforms and/or type of games played by that Player.
- An Affiliate is entitled to a CPA Commission if a new Player meets the minimum deposit and wagering activity requirements, such as a first or second purchase and a minimum wagering and/or other conditions agreed upon in writing between the Parties. CPA Commission is not paid on new Player account that is locked within the same calendar month that the CPA is calculated.
- In case of a Chargeback any CPA Commission previously made in respect of such a Player will be deducted from future Commissions.
- An Affiliate will not receive a CPA Commission on any of the following: Incentivized traffic of any type; When a Player is offered a portion of the CPA payment as an incentive to play; Roulette playing schemes; Programs that instruct players how to beat the casino.
- BrightShare does not pay CPA Commission on any player who already has an account at any of the BrightShare Client Sites. These duplicate players will be filtered out and they will not appear in the Affiliate System.
- The Affiliation Program, upon its sole discretion, has the right to refuse to pay for any Player that they consider to be fraudulent and/ or that is considered as an abuse of the CPA commission structure. The Affiliation Program may deduct the CPA Commission paid to the Affiliate resulting in a Fraudulent Activity and/or chargeback from any future Commissions.
- General Terms:
- The total Commissions payable to the Affiliate shall be the aggregated sum of all Plans.
- Each Plan may be calculated to be a negative figure. If the Affiliate’s total aggregated sum of all Plans results in a negative number, the Affiliate's total Commissions for that relevant calendar month shall be zero and not carried forward to the next month (No negative carry over), unless, the negative sum is a result of chargeback(s) and/or Fraud Costs (as defined below), in which case, the amount of chargeback(s) and/or Fraud Costs will be carried forward to the next month. For high roller policy see section 5.7 above.
- BrightShare reserves the right to change the Commission schedule and method of calculation of Commission.
- BrightShare's chargeback deduction policy is as follows: For purposes of this Agreement, a chargeback occurs when a Player reports that unauthorized transactions were made on his/her online payment method account, including but not limited to, credit and/or debit cards. The Player appeals the charges with his/her online payment method account manager or company, for example his/her bank, claiming fraudulent use of the online payment method account by a third party. Whenever a Player seeks a chargeback, the Affiliate’s share of the net revenues in question will be forfeited and deducted from the Affiliate's monthly commission. Should the deduction result in a negative balance for the Affiliate, the Affiliate will not earn further commissions until the cost of the chargeback has been covered. If, however, the chargeback is refused by the Player’s bank, the net revenues shall be returned to the Affiliate and included in the Affiliate’s monthly commission.
- The Affiliate shall be entitled for Commission for new Player that has deposited within 90 calendar days as of the new Player’s registration date.
- BrightShare calculates the commission payments at the end of each month and makes the payments by the twentieth (20th) day of the following month, or on the first business day after the twentieth (20th) day of the following month. Payments are made by wire transfer or direct payment to an online account designated by the Affiliate (i.e., Neteller, Click2Pay, FirePay, etc.). The Affiliate is responsible for selecting the payment method. If the Affiliate does not specify a particular payment method, the payment will be carried to the following month. It is hereby clarified that if the Affiliate will not specify a particular payment method, payment will not be made. All wire transfers and/or checks delivered by courier are subject to a €35 fee, which will be subtracted from any commissions paid to the Affiliate. Fees charged by Affiliate’s online account shall be the sole responsibility of the Affiliate. The Affiliate is responsible for providing BrightShare with correct payment information details (i.e. online account details, mailing address and banking information).
- The minimum monthly commission that Affiliate shall receive from BrightShare is three hundred Euro (€300) when the payment method of the affiliates is bank transfer, and one hundred Euro (€100) in all other direct payment methods. Unpaid monthly commissions shall be carried forward and added to the next month’s commission.
- All calculations in connection with the Commissions payable to the Affiliate, of all Plans, will be made by Brighsthare and based exclusively on BrightShare’s data and records, and BrightShare calculations will be deemed as final and conclusive.
- The Affiliate acknowledges that, except as otherwise stated herein, no income or other taxes or amounts shall be withheld or accrued by BrightShare for the Affiliate’s benefit on the commissions that are paid and it shall be the Affiliate’s sole responsibility to remit all applicable taxes thereon.
- Policies & Confidentiality
- The Affiliate acknowledges that each Client assumes sole and exclusive ownership of any and all Players as soon as they register an account with the Client. The Affiliate acts solely as a referral source for the Clients, and retains no other rights on the Players. Upon opening an account, the Player is subject to all of the Client’s Terms and Conditions, rules, policies, and operating procedures.
- Each Client reserves the right to refuse a Player or close a Player’s account if such actions are necessary to comply with its stated terms and conditions.
- During the term of this Agreement and thereafter, the Affiliate may have access to certain classified, confidential, proprietary and sensitive information relating to the business, operations, or technology of BrightShare or the Clients. The Affiliate agrees not to disclose the confidential information to any third party or to use the information in an unauthorized manner unless prior written consent has been obtained directly from BrightShare. If such consent is obtained, the Affiliate agrees only to use this confidential information to further the purposes of this Agreement. The Affiliate's obligation in regards to this Section 6(c) shall survive the termination of this Agreement.
- BrightShare reserves the right, by posting a change notice or a new agreement on BrightShare.com site, to amend, alter, delete or add to any of the provisions of this Agreement, at any time and at its sole discretion, without advance notice to Affiliate and any amendments, alterations, deletions, or additions to this Agreement shall be effective immediately upon such post. The Affiliate’s continued (i) participation in the Affiliate Program, (ii) use of the BrightShare Affiliate website and/or Marketing Tools, or (iii) acceptance of any Affiliate commissions from BrightShare confirms the Affiliate’s irrevocable acceptance of this Agreement (and any modifications thereto), subject to the Affiliate’s continued compliance with the terms and conditions of this Agreement. If any modification to this agreement is unacceptable to the Affiliate, the Affiliate’s only recourse against BrightShare is to terminate its participation in the Affiliate Program.
- Affiliate Branding
- Should the Affiliate desire to market and promote any of the Clients through its own branding, logos and designs (collectively, the “Branding”), the Affiliate shall comply with the provisions set forth in this Section 7 among any others herein which apply to Affiliate’s marketing materials:
- Affiliate shall be required to obtain BrightShare’s prior written approval over its proposed Branding (and all material derivations and modifications thereof);
- Affiliate must have prominently displayed on the Branding the Client’s name and ensure that it is communicated clearly to the Player that he will be playing on the Client’s software and receive support and ongoing promotions from the Client directly;
- The Branding must be wholly original to the Affiliate and cannot infringe or violate the intellectual property rights of any third party.
- Limited License & Ownership
- BrightShare hereby grants to the Affiliate a non-exclusive, non-transferable limited right and license for the duration of this Agreement to use the Clients' Intellectual Property (i.e., copyright, trademarks, service marks, logos, and trade names) solely in connection with the Marketing Tools that the Affiliate may display on its site.
- Under no condition may the Affiliate sub-license, assign or otherwise transfer any rights granted hereunder to any third party without the express prior written consent of BrightShare, and any purported transfer shall be deemed null and void. The Affiliate's right to use the Clients' Intellectual Property is limited to the rights and obligations of the Affiliate under this Agreement.
- BrightShare and/or the Clients retain full and exclusive ownership of their respective Intellectual Property, which in no event shall be transferred to the Affiliate through any act or omission in this Agreement or through the conduct of the parties. Any and all rights that are not expressly granted hereunder are reserved by BrightShare and/or the Clients.
- Under no circumstances may the Affiliate assert or contest any ownership rights in and to BrightShare and/or the Client’s Intellectual Property in any action or proceeding of whatever kind or nature, nor shall the Affiliate take any action that may prejudice BrightShare's or the Client’s rights in the Intellectual Property. Further, the Affiliate may not do anything to render such Intellectual Property generic, weaken their validity or diminish their associated goodwill. BrightShare retains the right to rescind and terminate the limited license granted hereunder at any point, for any reason. Upon termination of this Agreement, the limited license granted hereunder shall terminate and all rights shall revert to BrightShare and/or the Client without the taking of action on the part of either party.
- Legal Responsibility
- The Affiliate shall defend, indemnify, and hold BrightShare and the Clients and their respective directors, officers, employees, and representatives harmless from and against any and all liabilities, losses, damages, and costs, including reasonable attorney's fees, resulting from, arising out of, or in any way connected with (i) any breach by the Affiliate of any warranty, representation, or covenant contained in this agreement, (ii) the performance of the Affiliate's duties and obligations under this Agreement, (iii) the Affiliate's negligence or (iv) any injury caused directly or indirectly by the Affiliate's negligent or intentional acts or omissions, or the unauthorized use of the Marketing Tools/ Affiliate Tag.
- BrightShare makes no express or implied warranties or representations with respect to the Affiliate Program or commission payment arrangements (including, without limitation, their functionality, warranties of fitness, merchantability, legality, non-infringement, or any implied warranties arising out of a course of performance, dealing, or trade usage). In addition, BrightShare makes no representation that the operation of Brightshare's site will be uninterrupted or error-free and will not be liable for the consequences of any interruptions or errors.
- BrightShare will not be liable for indirect, special, or consequential damages (or any loss of revenue, profits, or data) arising in connection with this Agreement or the Affiliate Program, even if BrightShare has been advised of the possibility of such damages. Further, BrightShare's aggregate liability arising with respect to this Agreement and the Affiliate Program will not exceed the total commissions and referral fees paid or payable to the Affiliate under this Agreement during the previous twelve (12) months from the date such damages were incurred. Any liability arising under this Agreement shall be satisfied solely from the commissions and referral fees generated, and is limited to direct damages. Nothing in this Agreement shall be construed to provide any rights, remedies or benefits to any person or entity not a party to this Agreement.
- The Affiliate acknowledges and understands that BrightShare is not a casino, bingo, poker, mobile casino or gaming operator.
- Prohibited Jurisdictions
- By entering into this Agreement, the Affiliate agrees that it, and any associated marketing partners, will not:
- Actively target Players in any of the following countries: Afghanistan, American Samoa, Belgium, Denmark, France, France Metropolitan, French Guiana, French Polynesia, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Italy, Mayotte, Palau, Portugal, Reunion, Saint Barthelemy, Saint Martin, Saint Pierre and Miquelon, South Africa, Spain, United States, United States Minor Outlying Islands, United Kingdom, USA, Wallis and Futuna.
- Send BrightShare or any of its Client Sites any traffic or players from any of the countries listed in 10.1.1.
- Run any marketing activities for players residing in the USA, including, but not limited to, sending correspondence to players in the USA; using banners, off-line advertising and direct marketing that relate to the USA or target USA players.
- BrightShare reserves the right to terminate this Agreement immediately upon any breach of clause 10.1 and bears no liability incurred from any breach of this clause.
- Term & Termination
- The term of this Agreement will commence on the Effective Date (the “Term”). Except as stated otherwise herein, the term will be ongoing unless and until either party sends written notification to the other that it wishes to terminate the Agreement. Upon receipt of written notification by either party, the Agreement will be considered to be terminated immediately. Termination is at will, for any reason, by either party. For purposes of notification of termination, email is considered a written and immediate form of notification. BrightShare’s e-mail for notification purposes is: is:support@Brightshare.com.
- Upon termination:
- The Affiliate must remove all references to the Clients from the Affiliate’s websites and communications, including, without limitation, removing all Marketing Tools and disabling all links to the Client’s sites.
- All rights and licenses granted to the Affiliate under this Agreement shall immediately terminate and all rights shall revert to the respective licensors, and the Affiliate will cease all use of any trademarks, service marks, logos and other designations of the Clients or BrightShare.
- The Affiliate will be entitled only to those earned and unpaid commissions for Players that are tagged with the Affiliate Tag as of the effective date of termination; provided, however, that BrightShare may withhold each of the Affiliate's commissions for a reasonable time to ensure that the correct amount is paid, but it is hereby clarified that as of the effective date of termination the Affiliate will only be eligible to receive commissions for Players that were tagged by the Affiliate Tag prior to such date.
- Upon termination for reasons other than breach of this Agreement by the Affiliate, the Affiliate shall continue to be entitled for a period of six months to receive Commission on the terms and conditions as specified herein.
- Notwithstanding Section 11.2.3 above, if this Agreement is terminated by BrightShare on the basis of Affiliate’s breach of any of the terms and conditions of this Agreement, then BrightShare’s only obligation shall be to pay to the Affiliate the earned but unpaid commissions as of the termination date, but shall not be obligated to pay any further commissions on Players referred to Clients by the Affiliate.
- The Affiliate must return to BrightShare any and all confidential information (and all copies and derivations thereof) in the Affiliate's possession, custody and control.
- The Affiliate will release BrightShare from all obligations and liabilities occurring or arising after the date of such termination, except with respect to those obligations that by their nature are designed to survive termination. Termination will not relieve the Affiliate from any liability arising from any breach of this Agreement, which occurred prior to termination.
- Entire Agreement. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement and supersedes all previous communications or agreements, either oral or written, between the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof. In entering into this Agreement, neither party has relied upon any statement, representation, warranty or agreement of the other party except for those expressly contained in this Agreement.
- Governing Law & Jurisdictions. This Agreement is governed by the laws of Malta, without reference to rules governing choice of laws. Any action relating to this Agreement must be brought in Malta and the Affiliate irrevocably consents to the jurisdiction of its courts.
- Assignment and Inurnment. The Affiliate may not assign this Agreement, by operation of law or otherwise, without obtaining the prior written consent of BrightShare. Subject to that restriction, this Agreement will be binding on, inure to the benefit of, and enforceable against the Affiliate and BrightShare's respective successors and assigns.
- Non-Waiver. BrightShare's failure to enforce the Affiliate's adherence to all terms outlined in this Agreement shall not constitute a waiver of the right of BrightShare to enforce said terms at any time.
- Remedies. BrightShare's rights and remedies hereunder shall not be mutually exclusive. The Affiliate acknowledges, confirms, and agrees that monetary damages may be inadequate to cure a breach or a threatened breach of this Agreement and, in the event of a breach or threatened breach of any provision of this Agreement, the respective rights and obligations of the parties may be enforceable by specific performance, injunction, or other equitable remedy. Nothing contained herein, however, shall limit or affect any of BrightShare's rights at law or otherwise. It is the intent of this provision to make clear that BrightShare's respective rights and obligations shall be enforceable in equity as well as at law or otherwise.
- Force Majeure. Neither party shall be liable to the other for any delay or failure to perform its obligations under this Agreement if such delay or failure arises from a cause beyond the reasonable control of and is not the fault of such party, including but not limited to labor disputes, strikes, industrial disturbances, acts of God, acts of terrorism, floods, lightning, utility or communications failures, earthquakes or other casualty. If a force majeure event occurs, the non-performing party is excused from whatever performance is prevented by the force majeure event to the extent prevented.
- Relationship of the Parties. Nothing contained in this Agreement, nor any action taken by any party to this Agreement, shall be deemed to constitute either party (or any of such party’s employees, agents, or representatives) an employee, or legal representative of the other party, nor to create any partnership, joint venture, association, or syndication among or between the parties, nor to confer on either party any express or implied right, power or authority to enter into any agreement or commitment on behalf of (nor to impose any obligation upon) the other party.
- Further Assurances. Each party shall use commercially reasonable efforts to cause the transactions contemplated by this Agreement to be consummated. At the reasonable request of BrightShare, the Affiliate shall, from time to time, execute and deliver such additional documents, further agreements and instruments, and shall take all such other actions, as may be reasonably required or appropriate to more effectively complete, execute, perfect or affirm the matters contemplated by this Agreement.
- Severability/Waiver. Whenever possible, each provision of this Agreement shall be interpreted in such a manner as to be effective and valid under applicable law but, if any provision of this Agreement is held to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable in any respect, such provision will be ineffective only to the extent of such invalidity, or unenforceability, without invalidating the remainder of this Agreement. No waiver will be implied from conduct or failure to enforce any rights and must be in writing to be effective.
- Counterparts. This Agreement may be executed in any number of counterparts (including by facsimile), each of which when executed and delivered shall be deemed an original, but which counterparts together shall constitute one and the same instrument.